Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 7 (389 Views)

Replacement battery for Pavilion DM4-2153ca

Product Name: Pavilion DM4-2153ca
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

Laptop is shutting down when battery is half full (without even warning me). Also the battery never fully charges.

I guess it's the time to change it.

Any suggestions where I can buy this in Canada?

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 7 (369 Views)

Re: Replacement battery for Pavilion DM4-2153ca

Hi@aeromotive,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide:First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I grasp that your notebook is shutting down without warning when running on battery power and the battery never fully charges. Here is a link to aid you with testing and calibrating the battery. HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10). If no issues are found with the battery it could be the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, which is basically the driver that communicates between the computer and the battery. There is a chance that it is corrupted and is reading the battery level incorrectly. Therefore the computer thinks the battery level is higher than what it actually is, so when it runs out of juice it shuts down. Please try the following:

Step 1. Go to Device Manager.
Step 2. Select Batteries.
Step 3. Right- click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
Step 4. Click Uninstall.
Step 5. At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver.
Step 6. Shutdown the computer.

Step 7: Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in.
When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.
Step 8. Go to Device Manager.
Step 9. Select Batteries.
Step 10. Right- click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
Step 11. Click "Search automatically for updated driver software".

If you see a Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller follow the same process for it.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Also, clicking the “Thumbs Up” below is a great way to say thanks!

Sparkles1

Top Student
Message 3 of 7 (361 Views)

Thanks. Tried everything, no success.

Every battery test I did has passed, and nothing says my battery is dead. But this problem is annoying.

Can I re-install the drivers manually?

Hardware ID are

• ACPI\VEN_PNP&DEV_0C0A
  • ACPI\ACPI0003
  • *PNP0C0A

Thanks.

Retired
Message 4 of 7 (349 Views)

Hi @aeromotive,

Thank you for your reply.

As I mentioned in my previous post the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery is the basic driver. The instruction to uninstall and reinstall are in my previous post.

Did you calibrate the battery?

Please let me know the results.

Sparkles1

Top Student
Message 5 of 7 (323 Views)

Hi.  

I thought there would be a way to manually download the driver and re-install it.

I didn't calibrate the battery becasue when the battery passes the test, the CALIBRATE option is greyed out.

Any other help?

Thanks.

Retired
Message 6 of 7 (316 Views)

HI @aeromotive,

Thank you for replying.

If you tried the method I provided and there was no change, I only have two other suggestions.  As HP has not tested Windows 10 on this model. the outcome is unknown so you could do a recovery back to your previous operating system or contact Microsoft for support of Window 10.

HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10)

Microsoft Support Contact Us

Microsoft Corporation / Customer Service

1-800-642-7676

Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

Top Student
Message 7 of 7 (286 Views)

Hi Sparkes1,

I just reverted to Win7 and it didn't solve the issue. Please see the thread I just started.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation