Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
hpDV6_ Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacement battery

hp pavilion dv6-3040us Enterta
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a hp pavilion dv6-3040us Entertainment Notebook. The battery wasn't holding a charge anymore so I used it plugged in. It would charge but die if unplugged with 5 mins.

I ordered a replacement from the partstore.com thru Best Buy. The rep used the suggested replacement hp spare part number from the back of my original battery 593554-001. The original has the date 2010/06  the replacement has 2015/10.

I put the new battery in and am using the laptop now plugged in but the power has a red x and says No Battery Detected and isn't charging.

Please help! Thanks!

1 REPLY
Dean
Dean
11043 574 1601
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacement battery

Turn the computer off.

Disconnect the AC power.

Remove the battery.

Hold-down the ON/OFF button for 30 seconds, to drain any residual electrical power.

Reconnect the AC power.

Turn the computer on.

After Windows is running, connect the battery, and see if Windows detects that it has been connected.

If not, you may have been sold a defective battery.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation