Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

My laptop model : HP Pavilion x360 - 14-cd0087tu

Serial number: [personal info removed]

This laptop is now 2 years old and i had some bad experience with the battery.

After a year or so i started observing an issue where the battery would drain a lot when it would not be plugged in and while being switched off. I would switch off my laptop 100% battery and after 2hrs it would be 80%. After a day it would be 0%

Because of that, many times it went to 0% and this i guess caused a lots of impact on the battery life.

Now i tried many things to understand and never i could this thix issue. If you have some idea.

But anyway i'm also planning to buy another battery. Although i'm not sure how to find the exact model.

While doing a battery report with windows, i get the following name of battery: 

NAME TF03041XL

I found some batteries to buy online with this reference, would this work or should i look for a different reference?

Somewhere i saw that HP batteries can have 2 different type of reference, so i'm a bit confused here

Kindly help

Warm regards

guillaume

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GuillaumeOlv 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Replacing the battery is relatively straight forward (easy to do).

While you have your computer open, check and clean any dust build-up inside the case.

Open

Maintenance and Service Guide

Procedure to remove the bottom cover - Page 33

Part and Replacement Procedure - Page 35

Description                                                           Spare part number

3-cell, 41-WHr, 3.6-AHr, Li-ion battery                  920070-856

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Reference

HP Collection of “how-to” videos - Battery

HP Video Gallery

Use Categories and / or enter your request in the search bar to narrow the search. 

Examples,

Select Category Computing and Mobile Devices > Battery and Power

or

Select Category Computing and Mobile Devices > Parts Replacement and Upgrades

Search for replace battery or replace battery x360

Select and watch your Video

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find / Check for parts at PartSurfer / HP Parts Store

PartSurfer might be able to tell you exactly which parts came with your device.

Open PartSurfer

• Select your Country
  • Enter the device Product Number , Serial Number, or Part Number in the Quick Search box
  • HINT: To see a system-specific list, replace the Product Number with your device Serial Number
  • Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase

Parts marked as "n/a" are not available from HP.

Parts marked as available for purchase might be available from:  HP Parts Store

OR

If HP does not provide the part for retail purchase,

Use your search engine to find a compatible replacement at your favorite online store.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Pavilion x360 - 14-cd0087tu 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GuillaumeOlv 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Replacing the battery is relatively straight forward (easy to do).

While you have your computer open, check and clean any dust build-up inside the case.

Open

Maintenance and Service Guide

Procedure to remove the bottom cover - Page 33

Part and Replacement Procedure - Page 35

Description                                                           Spare part number

3-cell, 41-WHr, 3.6-AHr, Li-ion battery                  920070-856

Good Reference

HP Collection of “how-to” videos - Battery

HP Video Gallery

Use Categories and / or enter your request in the search bar to narrow the search. 

Examples,

Select Category Computing and Mobile Devices > Battery and Power

or

Select Category Computing and Mobile Devices > Parts Replacement and Upgrades

Search for replace battery or replace battery x360

Select and watch your Video

Find / Check for parts at PartSurfer / HP Parts Store

PartSurfer might be able to tell you exactly which parts came with your device.

Open PartSurfer

• Select your Country
  • Enter the device Product Number , Serial Number, or Part Number in the Quick Search box
  • HINT: To see a system-specific list, replace the Product Number with your device Serial Number
  • Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase

Parts marked as "n/a" are not available from HP.

Parts marked as available for purchase might be available from:  HP Parts Store

OR

If HP does not provide the part for retail purchase,

Use your search engine to find a compatible replacement at your favorite online store.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Pavilion x360 - 14-cd0087tu 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.