Intern
29 28 3 10
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacement of my HP Probook 450 G2 non-touch laptop screen with a touchscreen

ProBook 450 G2 / L8E08UT#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Someone else already posted this same question and never replied to the person asking questions.  So here's my attempt.

I have a HP ProBook 450 G2 with the i3-4005U processor and it does not currently have a touchscreen.    I would like to consider adding the digitizer which I am finding for sale online, but I cannot tell whether or not it's just a matter of buying the digitizer or if the whole display would need to be replaced.

This is the digitizer i was looking at (or a similar one):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HP-Probook-450-G2-Laptop-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-Glass-15-6-69-15I05-T02-...

My Product Number is L8E08UT,  printed under the battery.

Also,  second question related to the first.     If I can just install that digitizer, does it rely on the LCD Panel being the 1368x768 resolution?      I was contemplating upgrading to a 1080P panel from LG instead like others have done.  (I know this is completely unsupported, just not sure if the digitizers were resolution specific)

Thanks in advance!

Brian

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation