04-21-2017 12:09 AM
I have been offered a gift card for replacent of my failed laptop. I find the amount lacking...To consider that the machine was received in a failed condition two years ago ...Returned for service seven times ..Three monthes of it's life was spent in HPs' hands for repair..Recently it was demanded of me to make a 50 mile trip to a fed-ex facility to return the unit for it's final replacement...In a NH snowstorm I might add..(Not to the certified fed ex facility right up the road)..
After all the hassle and pains I don't think it's too much to ask for....This is the machine I want..;
- Windows 10 Pro 64
- Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ (2.8 GHz, up to 3.8 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores) +NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
- 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
- 17.3" diagonal UHD IPS UWVA anti-glare WLED-backlit (3840 x 2160)
- 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA + 512GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
- Office Software Trial
- Security Software Trial
- 6-cell 62 WHr Lithium-ion Battery
- SuperMulti DVD burner
- Full-size island-style backlit keyboard
- HP Wide Vision HD Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone
- Intel® 802.11ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo
- Logitech F710 Gaming Pad Time and time again for repair ...All the work that was lost amidst these failures...Arranging for the shipping and receiving each time....The down time while HP was deciding what my next step would be...