Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-da0042tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I was wondering if I could get some help purchasing a replacement screen for my laptop.

It's currently HD and I would like to upgrade  it to 1080p. From what I understand, I'll need a cable (not sure what you call it) that connects the motherboard to the screen. I believe LED LCD's are better ?

I live in Australia, hope that doesn't complicate things.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From HP I would think you are looking at maybe $4-500. If I can find them from an online aftermarket seller you are looking at more like $100-120 total. 

Just checked the Store for the screen and its out of stock. 

Screen is a bit more than I expected on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Spare-Part-L20376-001-LCD-LED-Replacement-Screen-15-6-FHD-AG-Display-New...

Store is also out of stock on the cable and I am not immediately locating one so would have to commence a deeper search. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Your screen is non-touch which makes it easier. But, see p. 23 of the Manual here:

Manual

You are correct that you need both a screen and a cable to do this upgrade. Having to replace the cable increases the degree of difficulty of the upgrade quite a bit. You need these parts:

FHD, anti glare, non-touch L20376-001

Miscellaneous Display Kit (includes gaskets [4] and rubber corner positioning tools [4]; not
illustrated))  L23065-001
Display panel stretchable adhesive tape (not illustrated) L29080-001

Non-touch, FHD L23064-001

If purchased from HP Parts Store (if even available) the cost will approach that of a new laptop. Parts can likely be found on amazon or ebay but before I take the time to scrounge for them for you (and modestly there are not too many people better at finding obscure laptop parts) I want to be make sure you are "all in" with this project. A lot of people come here with the intention to do this but once they find out what all is involved when a cable replacement is needed they run for the hills. If you have to pay a technician to do this there is no way to bring the project in for a cost that makes sense. 

HP Recommended

Would it be cheaper just to buy a FHD monitor ?

HP Recommended

You mean an external monitor? OMG yes it would but you can't carry that around with you. 

HP Recommended

Could you give me an idea of the costs involved with purchasing the full HD screen and cable ?

HP Recommended

From HP I would think you are looking at maybe $4-500. If I can find them from an online aftermarket seller you are looking at more like $100-120 total. 

Just checked the Store for the screen and its out of stock. 

Screen is a bit more than I expected on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Spare-Part-L20376-001-LCD-LED-Replacement-Screen-15-6-FHD-AG-Display-New...

Store is also out of stock on the cable and I am not immediately locating one so would have to commence a deeper search. 

HP Recommended

Don't think it's worth it, thanks for looking anyways, I'll be fine with a 1080p monitor.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.