Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion bc003nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I wanted to upgrade my storage for a quite some time so when I finally opened my laptop to check for empty slots I was surprised. Brown ribbon cable is in the way of m.2 slot so I can't install SSD.

Is there any way I can surpass this ?

Here is a picture.20190822_160259.jpg20190226_112011.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@atomRipper,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

According to the Maintenance and Service guide, it shows that the brown ribbon cable is for the Keyboard backlight cable and the White on is the for the touchpad.

If you wish to install a solid-state drive and if you're finding it difficulty installing it, In this scenario, if you're not worried about using the keyboard backlight, then you can go ahead and disconnect the keyboard backlight cable. 

Chapter 5 Removal and replacement procedures for authorized service provider parts - Page number 43 for Solid-state drive.

Please note, HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. You can change the configuration at your own risk.

I hope this information helps. 

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@atomRipper,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

According to the Maintenance and Service guide, it shows that the brown ribbon cable is for the Keyboard backlight cable and the White on is the for the touchpad.

If you wish to install a solid-state drive and if you're finding it difficulty installing it, In this scenario, if you're not worried about using the keyboard backlight, then you can go ahead and disconnect the keyboard backlight cable. 

Chapter 5 Removal and replacement procedures for authorized service provider parts - Page number 43 for Solid-state drive.

Please note, HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. You can change the configuration at your own risk.

I hope this information helps. 

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much sir, this helps alot.

HP Recommended

@atomRipper,

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for. 

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help.

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.