Sevdeclan
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Ridiculous battery life on HP Pavilion 15

HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion - 15-cs0033tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have this HP Pavilion 15 from 2018, and at first, the laptop managed to survive over 5 hours of web browsing, some light works with Microsoft Office and playback video on YouTube and in 2020, I began to notice the draining problem. 

Now, the laptop barely survives less than 2 hours for normal uses (75% brightness, web browsing, Microsoft Office and YouTube) even after I set it to battery saver mode and the battery estimation always shows around 40-50 minutes left after it's fully charged.

I tried to find the problem using HP hardware diagnostics, HP support assistant, HP pc hardware diagnostics UEFI, and even calibrated the battery but it seems like there's no problem with the battery at all. I even tried to check if there's any malware using McAfee Lifesave, disable any background activities and checked the battery usage stats only to find 40% of the battery used for web browser (edge and chrome). Lastly, I have also updated the Bios. 

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation