06-27-2016 07:14 AM
I originally bought this notebook on Windows 7, the SD card reader was working fine. Then computer updated to Windows 10 on its own and after inserting the SD card into the reader, it is not recognized at all. No pop-ups, it's not seen on my Windows Explorer. I cannot find any specific SD Card reader drivers to download. How can I get this capability back?
06-27-2016 07:46 AM
Download and install the latest W10 card reader driver from your notebook's support page...
The Realtek USB and PCIe Media Card Reader Drivers enable the integrated media card slot in supported notebook models running a supported operating system.
06-28-2016 06:47 AM
The only other suggestion I can offer would be to try the driver directly from Realtek.
Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file from the first item on the webpage.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot