Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elitebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. 

I intend to keep a micro SD card permanently 'installed' in my Elitebook, as I have with previous laptops. However, the micro-to-standard SD card adapter I have sticks out by a few millimetres. Does anyone know where I can get one that will sit flush like the 'blank' one supplied does please?

Thanks, 

Sam. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@samshltn wrote:

.... However, the micro-to-standard SD card adapter I have sticks out by a few millimetres.

@samshltn 

That is too long. My Elitebook does not have SD card reader, I have to use external care reader but I use SAME Samsung

https://cplonline.com.au/storage/sd-card-micro-sd/samsung-mb-mc64ha-apc-micro-sdxc-64gb-evo-plus-w-a...

on other machine, it only has around 1mm out.  Have you tried full size SD cards ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, it's too long. Standard SD cards are too long. They stick out. I'm wondering if there's a solution. 

HP Recommended

@samshltn 

Well, that is a physical size, I don't thing chopping it is a good idea but since it is an adapter you can chop it a bit and the micro card inside should be still work,

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.