03-09-2013 07:11 PM
SD card reader not working pavilion dv7. Card doesn't need an adapter & works on my dv6 but not dv7. As well as my HP USB 4gig memory stick. Fine on the dv6 not on the dv7. Any suggestions anyone?
03-14-2013 05:09 PM - last edited on 02-22-2017 02:32 PM by OscarFuentes
Hello pgz57. I understand you're having some trouble with your card reader.
The first step will be to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. To locate the appropriate driver I will need your product number. This document can show you where it is located.
Once I have this I will locate the driver.
Have a great day!
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"
Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.
11-18-2013 07:35 PM - last edited on 04-20-2016 10:26 AM by OscarFuentes
Hello yohanonbenavrom. I understand you are experiencing issues with a memory card reader. I will provide the HP documentation to troubleshoot the issue. Please select the correct document based on your operating system:
Windows XP and Vista: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07910
Please respond when you complete the troubleshooting. I look forward to your response.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot