Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-1290et

Hello there,

My product is an older model and I continue to use it healthy with ram upgrade. The product reacts too late during startup and shutdown. So I want to make one SDD supplement but what SDD model is suitable for my product, what features? I also want to mount my HDD hard disk to the DVD-Rom drive, which apartment will I buy and how high is it? My guess is I have to buy a 9.5mm DVD-Rom slot. I'd love it if you could help. My e-mail address; "[Personal Information Removed]" is

Yours truly...

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Ridvan06

The HP Pavilion g6-1290et Notebook supports only only SATA Hard drives

You can refer to page 50 & 93 in the Service Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02968997 for a list of supported Hard drives

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, HP only sold this model series with SATA type mechanical hard drives BUT any computer that will run a SATA hard drive in native SATA (AHCI) mode (including this one) can benefit from a 2.5 inch SATA SSD. So to say the laptop only supports SATA hard drive is not exactly correct. Also you do not want to put the SSD in an optical caddy. Optical caddy connections on the motherboard provide a slower interface than a hard drive connector and you cannot boot from a storage disk in such an adapter. In your case the optical (DVD) drive is a 12.7 mm variety. For optimal performance on that older model you want to put a 2.5 inch SATA SSD inside the laptop in the 2.5 inch bay and then if you need more storage put the original mechanical drive in the optical adapter where it can just store files for you. 

Post back if you need more specific help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.