Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP PAVILLON 15-r008tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello hp solutions my problem is SMART HARDDISK ERROR(301) whats the  problem with that,i can't find any solution of it and while opening the error occured i searched but some says buy a new hardisk or change laptop,so please tell whats the problem in that and i am keep fnding solution to it but hp tech are clarify it error

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi,

It means hard drive failed or is going to fail immediately. Hard drive has to be replaced with a new one of similar form factor

Test your hard drive extensively by tapping away F2 key as soon as you power on laptop.

Report back with results or error codes.

Regards

Visruth

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
Hi,

It means hard drive failed or is going to fail immediately. Hard drive has to be replaced with a new one of similar form factor

Test your hard drive extensively by tapping away F2 key as soon as you power on laptop.

Report back with results or error codes.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended
I tried diagnosis and checked my smart hardrive it failed,is there any alternate to rectify error
HP Recommended

Rectifying this error means replacement​ of the hard drive.

Use Recovery media to factory reset after hard drive replacement

Copy the data from failed drive to external drive by booting in from LiveCD
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD

HP Recommended
In hp pc hardware diagnostics uefi: smart check-failed and failure id:QC5W3Q-7978K2-XD7V7F-60EF03 UNDER THAT hard drive 1 this is i tested quick check and extenstive check also same dialogue came what to do???
HP Recommended

Same solution - Replace hard drive.

HP Recommended
Thanks for telling that
HP Recommended

You're welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.