Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dh0306ng
Microsoft Windows 11

Recently the HP assistant , showed me an alert for SMART check failure on my Hard drive. I run the same diagnostic through windows and bios and it doesn't give me the same error. I want to replace the drive just to be sure and I am in the warranty, but apparently HP doesn't have ANY official service in Germany.

I find that absurd, how such a big company doesn't have ANY service for laptops in Germany.

Also there is absolutely no way to reach them, besides a phone. I want to send an email explaining the situation and there is nothing.

So much for us being loyal to this company.

Not to mention this is a high end laptop.... how is that possible that only after one year the Disk is failing....

I have a warranty and I believe I am entitled to have some kind of official center to bring it and be replaced within a day.

Don't want to ship it in another country and wait weeks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Check out the hyperlink below this line

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj79qqXlsb1A...

Einzelne Produktgarantie prüfen · hp-product-warranty-check · Manuelle Garantieprüfung. * Pflichtfelder

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjhmNK2lsb1A...

Hard disks do fail. Did it provide a diagnostic error code?

There is, unfortunately, no such thing as a guarantee that anything that is purchased from anywhere cannot have a fault or fail. That is just life.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Dear Erico,

You just posted a link for finding an HP service center in Germany. Do you really think that I or anyone else, never thought of looking through the HP site. If you paid a little more attention to what you post as a solution , you would see that in that link there is only service for printers. and it only search for places if you put a printer serial number. The other link is a loop to the previous one.

If you post a solution makes sure that at least works... Also I do know that hardware fail from time to time for even no particular reason, but I carefully selected this particular one along with everything else on this laptop to ensure maximum performance. Mind you , that I have 4 more HP laptops and one of them goes back to 5-6 years. Still works fine, cause I am doing diagnostics frequently and do maintenance.

This seems to be probably an HPdriver problem not compatible with windows 11 , damaging or showing that my drive doesn't work. In any case , since there is an error , I want to replace it, but there is no place to go in Germany.

HP Recommended

Hi, @MarioU 

You can contact the HP executive team at the link below and see what they can do to help you.

Executive Team: CEO email | HP® Official Site

You will be assigned a case number and then someone from HP should get in contact with you.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

no I don't want to send an email to the CEO of HP about this.... Some times, the answers you get on forums are bot-like.

I am sorry if i sound annoying , but I am just frustrated to realize that there is actually no  service center in Germany and when you really want to contact HP in real time, they give you the solution of forums like this.

Like, who came to the board meeting and said : "You know how we can cut cost on our support team? Make them discuss it amongst them selves, but on OUR site, so we can monitor" Brilliant ! Give that guy a medal....

HP Recommended

I understand your frustration, but what I don't understand is what do you expect from any of us who do not work for or represent HP?

No one from HP is going to help you here, so my suggestion to reach out to HP is much better than complaining on a forum where we are completely powerless to help in a situation like yours.

I can give you the link to the service manual and tell you to replace the drive yourself if you want, but that is all we can do here.  Because it sounds to me like that is what you are going to have to end up doing, like it or not.

Maintenance and Service Guide OMEN by HP 15 Laptop PC

I have used that link twice in the past to my satisfaction when I wanted to know why HP was not providing the latest graphics drivers on the one of the business notebook support pages.

They gave me a case number and the person that responded told me that I could install the latest graphics driver from Intel for my model PC.

And by golly, he was right.

Anyway, this discussion has run its course, and I bid you good-night.

HP Recommended

@MarioU 

Actually, how could I possibly know what you have done in terms of searching for a solution. You really did not give much in the way of specifics.

I offered a suggestion, not a solution, where others have just ignored your thread. Perhaps you should consider that before criticizing my effort to assist you. I have provided thousands of solutions to members and far more suggestions. That is reflected by the thanks from thousands of members.

I suggest that you follow Paul_Tikkanen's suggestion.  That is also a suggestion and not a solution in this case.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.