Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parricida
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

[SOLVED] Elitebook 840 g3 not turning on, power/wifi/sound button and back light blinking

Elitebook 840 g3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

My computer is originally from Europe and came with European charger. I am currently working in Japan and have been using the walladapter for the charger to be able to plug it into Japanese wall socket. 

My computer just froze. I hit the power button to turn it off but it is not turning on anymore. It was not plugged in at the moment of freezing.

When I hit the power button - the power, WiFi and sound buttons and back lights blink for a second in every 5 seconds. The leds at the side also blink. When i have the ac adapter on , the power led is orange (on).

I have tried the suggestions I have found online. I have removed the battery, tried only ac power without battery connected. I have tried removing both and holding power button on for 30 seconds or hitting power button 10 times. It does not change the behaviour .

The only thing I haven't managed to do is getting a new adapter (as the stores around me did not had it. I will go to Tokyo tomorrow to trying to find a store there that sells new adapter).

Should I assume it is power connected trouble or could it be RAM or something else?

Update: if i remove the only ram i have and try to turn the computer in, the computer peeps. If I have the ram on, it does the light blinking. So, it is RAM trouble ?

Update: after replacing the RAM computer works again 😀

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation