Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN 17-an101na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade the SSD. It comes with 128GB as standard, and in System Info it shows as LITEO CA1-8D128-HP. However, when I looked at the SSD, it is clearly marked as CA1-8D512. Any-one know what's going on?

I need to know, because I don't want to buy a 512GB replacement and still only have 128GB.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Fenman-Pete

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

The maximum supported SSD is 512GB

Please find more details on Chapter 5 Page 44: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06001792

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, please re-read the post. Why is there a 512 SSD fitted, but only shows as a 128 drive?

HP Recommended

Only the below dual configuration will work:

2 TB 5400 RPM 9.5 mm/7.2 mm HDD + 256 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 SSD

● 2 TB 5400 RPM 9.5 mm/7.2 mm HDD + 128 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 SSD

● 1 TB 7200 RPM 9.5 mm/7.2 mm HDD + 512 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 SSD

● 1 TB 7200 RPM 9.5 mm/7.2 mm HDD + 256 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 SSD

● 1 TB 7200 RPM 9.5 mm/7.2 mm HDD + 128 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 SSD

● 1 TB 7200 RPM 9.5 mm/7.2 mm HDD + 16 GB Optane™️ (3D Xpoint) PCIe Gen 3×2 M.2 SSDM.

Do check the hard disk size. If that matches only then it'll work.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

IMG_20200919_113023[2].jpgSorry for the delay. There are two things, first see the photo, it quite clearly identifies the SSD as a 512 GB drive, but Sys Info shows it as a 128GB drive. I would like to know why. No actual complaint, I bought it as a 128GB unit, this is just professional curiosity.

Secondly, I checked the manual reference you gave me, and it does not say that you cannot fit a 512GB SSD with a 2TB HDD, which is what I would like to do, to give me maximum storage possible.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Please help us with the serial number of the product in private to help you further with this.

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.