Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I want to upgrade my HDD to a new SSD on my HP Envy 15 k202nv Touch laptop. 

Can you help me which SSDs are compatible for this model, I saw the manual but I'm still confused.

I already have a Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA 3 SSD, I wonder if it could fit to my laptop without problems.

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@conqueror060 

The HDD bay on your machine Supports 6.35-cm (2.5-in) hard drives in 9.5-mm (.37-in) and 7.0-mm (.28-in) thicknesses (all hard drives use the same bracket)  that means Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SSD's (7.0mm thickness) will fit nicely.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@conqueror060 

The HDD bay on your machine Supports 6.35-cm (2.5-in) hard drives in 9.5-mm (.37-in) and 7.0-mm (.28-in) thicknesses (all hard drives use the same bracket)  that means Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SSD's (7.0mm thickness) will fit nicely.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help!

just to let you know for confirmation that I successfully installed this SSD to my laptop and made clean install of windows 10. Literally my 5-year laptop is multiple times faster now 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.