Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-da2180nia
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to know whether my HP Notebook - 15-da2180nia is having SSD slot readily available to upgrade to SSD.

If yes whether Crucial CT500P5PSSD8 would be compatible with my above mentioned Note book.

Or any other SSD recommendation available which is technically faster than the above mentioned SSD with comparatively low cost. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The Western Digital 500GB WD Blue SN570 NVMe SSD should work just fine in your notebook.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook does have a M.2 slot, but it is only PCIe Gen 3.

The drive you want to buy is PCIe Gen 4 and will only run at the Gen 3 speeds, so unless you planned on moving the drive to a newer computer one day, you would be throwing good money after bad.

I recommend either of these two models:

Samsung 980 (Not 980 Pro)

Western Digital Blue SN570

HP only has the service manual for the older 15-da1xxx notebook model series, but it should be of help to you for opening up the notebook to install the SSD.

HP 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable comments and information.

Based on your recommendation I selected below model for my upgradation,

Western Digital 500GB WD Blue SN570 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive SSD - Gen3 x4 PCIe 8Gb/s, M.2 2280, Up to 3,500 MB/s - WDS500G3B0C

Hope this should work fine with my current laptop model.

Awaiting your reply....

Thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The Western Digital 500GB WD Blue SN570 NVMe SSD should work just fine in your notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.