Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 14-DQ1033CL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP Community,

I have been struggling with getting a definite answer for upgrading the SSD of HP 14-DQ1033CL, but have only read confliction recommendations.

My current configuration is:

• Processor: Intel i5-1035G4 4-Core
  • RAM: 4GB RAM
  • Storage: 128 GB M.2 SSD

I would appreciate your recommendations based on your own experience, especially which SDD transfer speeds are compatible with the motherboard (2,400 Mb/s or 3,400 Mb/s)

Thanks,

RMZ

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MKJ3 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06463284

It has 128 GB M.2 SSD which is an M.2 SATA SSD drive. Page 2 of the Maintenance and Service Guide shows it supports BOTH M.2 SATA and NVMe SSD. But it has M.2 SATA now therefore it is much safer to use M.2 SATA SSD to upgrade. You can use Device Manager to see what it is now.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello BH,

Thanks for your reply, I have cloned my HP hard drive onto the new SSD and replaced it successfully.

Upon booting up the machine, I'm faced with Windows going into "Automatic Repair", so what did I miss? Shall I change anything in the BIOS? Please help! and suggest some steps to look into and remedy this situation.

Thanks,

RMZ

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.