Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 2000 2d28TU Notebook - PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I want to upgrade my corrupt HDD to SSD. I learnt that first thing is to change from SATA to AHCI from BIOS prior to windows installation. I tried the BIOS but was unable to access Advanced Options even after following lot of forums and videos. I want to know whether the access to Advanced options is possible or not for my model?

Secondly I had also came across one method wherein the AHCI drivers are supplied through a secondary USB during the windows installation. Request to confirm whether it is possible and where i can get the same for my model.

Machine Details:

Model - HP 2000-2d28TU Notebook PC

WIndows 7 with 8GB ram

BIOS Details: 

InsydeH20 Setup Utility

Version - F.3A

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook's drive controller is set to AHCI by default.

If you go to the device manager, click to expand the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers device manager category.

You will see an Intel SATA AHCI controller listed there, which means that AHCI is enabled, or you would not see such a device listed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook's drive controller is set to AHCI by default.

If you go to the device manager, click to expand the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers device manager category.

You will see an Intel SATA AHCI controller listed there, which means that AHCI is enabled, or you would not see such a device listed.

HP Recommended

Thanks. Can u please also confirm whether my BIOS can be unlocked or not for Advanced Options?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You cannot unlock any advanced features in the BIOS.

What you see is what you get.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.