Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 15-5003nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a HP Omen 15-5003nl and I'm thinking about a SSD upgrading.

Product number is: L2B60EA#ABZ

At the moment I should have a SanDisk A110 SD6PP4M-256GB-1006 inside.

Can I mount a  Samsung MZ-N6E1T0BW SSD 860 EVO M.2, 1T, 2.5" SATA III?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Gorghino,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I checked the specifications of your computer and see that the maximum storage tested on your computer by HP is 512 GB. However, you can go ahead and upgrade the SSD up to 1TB at your own risk.

Please refer to the below service guide for your computer for more information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04620176

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Gorghino,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I checked the specifications of your computer and see that the maximum storage tested on your computer by HP is 512 GB. However, you can go ahead and upgrade the SSD up to 1TB at your own risk.

Please refer to the below service guide for your computer for more information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04620176

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @The_Fossette, thank you for checking it.
I will test the 1TB SSD on Christmas, so I'll accept the answer when I'll have a success/failure test to report 😉

HP Recommended

Just be careful opening it. On that model there is a rubber strip which doubles as a seal for the back access panel and the "feet" to elevate the laptop off the table. Very very hard to get the rubber strip off without damaging it and replacements are just about impossible to find. I will sign this as "learned the hard way". 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.