Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion zv5000 notebook
Linux

Hi to everyone. Please, what kind of SSD can I install on an old HP Pavilion zv5000 notebook (year 2003 or 2004)? Thank you in advance and have a nice day. Piriponzolo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same laptop!

Just today I ordered one msata SSD 128gb and one msata to pata adapter.

25 USD for the SSD and 4 USD for the adapter.

This is an old laptop and I don't use it for years but it's in great condition and i decide to bring it back to life!

There are also some pata SSD but they are more expensive.

You can find the msata SSD and the msata to pata adapter on eBay or AliExpress

I made my order from AliExpress.

msata SSDmsata SSD

msata to pata adaptermsata to pata adapter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same laptop!

Just today I ordered one msata SSD 128gb and one msata to pata adapter.

25 USD for the SSD and 4 USD for the adapter.

This is an old laptop and I don't use it for years but it's in great condition and i decide to bring it back to life!

There are also some pata SSD but they are more expensive.

You can find the msata SSD and the msata to pata adapter on eBay or AliExpress

I made my order from AliExpress.

msata SSDmsata SSD

msata to pata adaptermsata to pata adapter

HP Recommended

Hi, Lef Mykonos. Thank you for the reply and the very kind suggestion. You do well to bring to a new life this old notebook, especially with  a GNU/Linux distribution. I will try with your solution. Have nice day. Piriponzolo

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.