Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 250 G6 3QM19ES
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello, I want to install a solid-state drive (SSD) in my laptop, I can’t understand if my laptop has this feature and what connectors are needed for this. I attach a photo of the inside.
1614156908464.jpg

1614156908437.jpg

1614156908447.jpg

1614156908454.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
found a solution on some forums, install the board, and connect the connector to it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
I suppose that in this connector you need to install an adapter, what is the question?
my laptop does not have an optical drive (DVD) but maybe this connector to connect it.

connectorconnector

HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook does not have the M.2 slot to add a M2 SATA SSD.

This is where the M.2 slot would have gone.  See my outline in red.

I recommend that you just replace the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" SSD.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1614176734757.png

HP Recommended

I see this connector for connecting an optical drive (jodd), here you need an adapter to SATA. I understand correctly? 

(1).jpg

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I don't know how that works because looking at the connection it does not appear to be a standard SATA connection.

HP Recommended
found a solution on some forums, install the board, and connect the connector to it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.