Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Dear Community, 

I have some serious question regarding my laptop, I am using a HP Laptop 15-au009tx, and i am facing major software issue, i am not able to work on my laptop anymore, so i decided to upgrade my hardware from HDD to SDD. So my question is 
1. Does my laptop support SSD? If yes, which kind of SSD?

2. Does my laptop have an extra port for SSD or do i have to use my current port of HDD as SDD ?
3. Can i use an SDD and HDD together ?

4. Do i have extra port for RAM? 

Thank you,

I hope to find answers soon 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for the reply.
I already installed SSD,

So the solution to my question is

1. Yes, it supports a SATA 3 SSD.  2.5"  
2.  Yes, there is a port for SSD which is also the port for HDD. ( SATA )

3. Yes, we can use SSD and HDD together but we need to remove the optical drive and buy an HDD case ( available online)

4. Yes, it has extra slot for RAM, According to my laptop, the most I can extend is up to 16GB.

Thanks for the help though.

Have a good day

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hasanbhati Here's all you need to know about upgrading and/or installing an m.2 SSD on your device:

1) It supports m2 SSD (see image)

2) yes, it does (see image)

3) yes, considering the device already has a 1TB HDD as mentioned here

4) Ram - I suggest you check the details mentioned on page. 35 - Component replacement procedures from the same link on "all you need to know"

(As an upgrade/custom enthusiast I personally love the idea of upgrading the device as well, However, HP recommends that you go easy on it as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and also, the upgradeable parts listed above are purely for your ease, though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for the reply.
I already installed SSD,

So the solution to my question is

1. Yes, it supports a SATA 3 SSD.  2.5"  
2.  Yes, there is a port for SSD which is also the port for HDD. ( SATA )

3. Yes, we can use SSD and HDD together but we need to remove the optical drive and buy an HDD case ( available online)

4. Yes, it has extra slot for RAM, According to my laptop, the most I can extend is up to 16GB.

Thanks for the help though.

Have a good day

HP Recommended

@hasanbhati That's awesome, I'm glad it worked,

Remember, if you ever need help related to your HP device,

We'll be right here and happy to help, take care and have an awesome day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.