Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

I got a brand new 64GB SATA SSD CRUCIAL rev 1819 and am ready to install it on my Elitebook 6930p.

However, when I swap out the old HDD with the new SSD, my bios doesn't recognize the new drive. It just shows no drive found. changed AHCI to IDE, same pb.

If I plug in the SSD my old NC6320, I can see it though (setting up Bios SATA native option to Disable).

Why can't I see the new SSD off the boot on my new and up 2 date 6930p !!!!!?

Help greatky appreciated, thank you.

Regards.

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

Are the stata connector pins fitting correctly.  I have seen where some replacement drives with the IDE/sata connector don't fit properly. If you have a separate connector, your laptop may not, then use the one off your old HDD.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thx for reply Big_Dave.

there no connector part sold with disk. The SSd fits perfectly in place of the previous Fujitsu 160Gb, both SATA 2.

When i check bios, it tells me "Disk not Installed".

Do you know if there is something else to do to make it working ? (the disk works in my 6320 without any special set up...) !

Regards.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with 6930p and OCZ Vertex 30GB drive.

Drive not found when in IDE / AHCI mode however when in RAID mode the drive is listed in the RAID BIOS startup can can be seen by windows setup (win2K8 R2 from USB) but it won't says the drive cannot be booted from.

I'd be happy to find out how to make my 1x RAID bootable!

I was able to attach this drive to another machine and use the drive without issue

HP Recommended

I have the same problem on an EliteBook 8540w. It does not find my CORSAIR Force F120 or my INTEL X25-M. Pretty gawd dam anoying....

HP Recommended

Hi,

did anybody solve this issue? I have the same thing with a 8530w and a Samsung SSD (MMCRE28G8MXP, Lenovo OEM). I tried to replace the internal hard drive with the SSD (which is 1.8" with an adapter to 2.5"). The disk is, however, not detected by the BIOS, though it works fine in three other devices (including the adapter).

The BIOS and SSD firmware are current and the SATA Device Mode setting in the BIOS (AHCI, IDE, RAID) has no effect. I was wondering whether there might be a tool to set the mode of the SSD or a way to access some advanced BIOS settings for the Elitebook but I couldn't find anything.

Any other ideas?? Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with my HP Elitebook 8540w and the Corsair F120 SSD.

Whenever I try to do a "cold" systemboot, it doesn´t recognize the SSD-drive. I´ve read that it is probably somehow related to the marvel controler...

Since a lot of people observe that issue, is there any solution yet?

Regards

HP Recommended
Same problem, 6910p notebook. OCZ onyx 64gb.
HP Recommended

Got a HP ProBook 4720s and Corsair Force 80GB SSD

Problem with recognizing the SSD drive. At cold boot, bios does not recognize the drive at all. After reboot (ctrl+alt+del) the drive works fine!? Annoying to do the restart every time. Can't be this way (I'm not personally the laptop user)!

Tried the latest bios F.0B, no go. Tried to make boot up time longer (5-25s delays in bios setup), no go. Please fix the bios ASAP?!

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with a Corsair 80GB and an Intel 40GB. The Corsair was recognized erraticcally, it actually worked for a few hours, the Intel was not possible to format. I returned the Corsair and put the Intel in my Asus 1000HE eee PC where it is working fine.

After discussing it extensively with a number of people, I got the impression that the BIOS recognizes only 256MB SSDs, which makes sense because that is the only size HP is selling for it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.