Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
x360 13-4193dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I've researched just about everywhere and can't finalize what type of m.2 slot my notebook has. Crucial suggests its an m.2 SATA type, other sites suggest its PCI-E... can anyone please help confirm which one is it? 

I'm trying to figure out whether I can stick in a 970EVO plus, which is much faster than the stock SSD, or go with the 860EVO, which is same as stock.

Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@drgnsprt yes, that's correct for the m.2 SSD slot.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@drgnsprt Welcome to HP Community!

I suggest you go through the details on the HP Service and maintenance guide for your product: click here to access it and visit page. 2 Chapter 1 Product description (as shown in the below image) for information on what is and isn't supported by your device:

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, Riddle_Descipher! I guess that means only a SATA drive will work?

HP Recommended

@drgnsprt yes, that's correct for the m.2 SSD slot.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the difinitive clarification! 🙂

HP Recommended

@drgnsprt The pleasure is all mine,

Have an awesome day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.