Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP NOTEBOOK 14-dq1039wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am a bit confused here so can someone explain to me if this is a S S D Hard Drive or Memory or is it two thins built into one.

(  INTEL Core i5-1035 8GB Ram + 16GB optane 256GB S S D Drive  )

Please do not reply with a link explaining how it work just need a simple answer if it is one product or two things.

Glenn
Glenn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GlennMc77

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, To get the answer to this question, its two different hardware components.  
Intel Optane memory is a system accelerator that can make your computing tasks faster, smoother, and easier. It creates a bridge between the DRAM and the hard drive to accelerate data access speeds by storing the frequently used data in the Optane memory, while other data is stored on the hard drive (HDD).

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GlennMc77

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, To get the answer to this question, its two different hardware components.  
Intel Optane memory is a system accelerator that can make your computing tasks faster, smoother, and easier. It creates a bridge between the DRAM and the hard drive to accelerate data access speeds by storing the frequently used data in the Optane memory, while other data is stored on the hard drive (HDD).

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks that help clear thing up a lot for me.

Glenn
HP Recommended

@GlennMc77

Thank you for posting back.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a good day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.