Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-da0074tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded my laptop with a TeamGroup SATA III 256GB SSD last month. I checked its benchmark using CrystalDisk that showed a fair speed of 550mb/s read and 450mb/s write speed (listed 550/470) then. Recently the speeds have dropped, lightly in read but drastically in write. I'm getting 480 or sometimes even 450mb/s read speed. Write speeds are the main issue for me here, 20-40mb/s!
The SSD is having 60% free space and the health status is also Good, it is using SATA III 6gb/s port.ssd1.jpgSSD3.jpgssd2.jpg

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

@tanishqK
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

HP does not recommend to use Third-party measuring apps as they are not tested by HP and may not be accurate. 

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02435719 to know about Solid State Hard Drives.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Then which application does HP recommend? Your link doesn't provide me with any downloadable application (that could measure SSD speeds) besides Intel SSD Data Center Tool that only happens to work on Intel SSDs.
I've tested the speeds using some other applications as well(image below) and got similar results, but then you may go on with the "HP does not recommend to use Third-party measuring apps as they are not tested by HP and may not be accurate." statement, when all that a speed test app does is write and read memory blocks and calculate and reflect the average speeds!

ssd4.jpg

HP Recommended

Stats are back to normal now. Googled about the issue and came across Write-caching policy(image below). Somebody recommended to disable this policy in order to experience the true speeds. Disabling it gave me 200mb/s write speed(10 times better than before) however I decide to experiment a little and enabled it again and restarted the system thereafter. Now my read/write speeds are back to normal. I still wonder what was wrong all this time, as the settings now are exactly the same as it was before, I just disabled-enabled them. Well, whatever, it definitely kicked in the right things to their right places I guess!

ssd5.jpgssd6.jpg

HP Recommended

@tanishqK

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.
Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm back to the same old problem again! While  the system was in process to render a 6 GB video, I noticed the estimated time reached 6 hrs!! I stopped the process, saved it and restarted my laptop, then tried again yet the result was same! Went back to check if its the SSD speed issue and yest it was. Speed test showed 18mb/s write speed.Tried my previous method(disabling-enabling write-caching policy), but it didn't help this time. Have been trying multiple times but the problem remains. I don't know what to do this time.

HP Recommended

I really didnt read the whole post.. But if it windows .. Did u make sure all your settings are in max in power options..

HP Recommended

With "max in power" if u mean High performance under the Power Plans, then yes it is set to Highest as default in Windows 10.

HP Recommended

No one???! Really?!! 🥺

HP Recommended

Dude dont be an idiot.. U got replies if those didnt work ull have to wait.. If not try posting somewhere else if your not happy with results..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.