07-10-2013 02:04 PM
For some reason windows reads the system partition as 6% fragmented until analyzed then it becomes 12% fragmented. It never used to be this way, last month it was at 5%. Should I be concerned?
07-10-2013 02:39 PM
Hello there JohnB95!: by all means you should be concerned.
what this means is that you should defrag before the percentages go up & your computer slows down until looks like it's either frozen or crashed dude!
look at it this way it couldn't hurt & afterwards the % number will go down to zero.
hope this enlightens you
07-11-2013 01:46 PM
Hello again JohnB95!:
One defrag app that you could try is from www.iobit.com it's definitely free I don't know what it's called but it's there on that website
in addition you can go to www.majorgeeks.com then on the left side of the latter page look for the category "defrag" double click on it then look for other defrag programs. some are free & others are offered for a trial basis
just to see if solves this computer malady.
hope this helps you
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot