Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I bought an HP  OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx

Installed Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Bought a new Samsung SSD 960 Evo for m.2 slot and installed it

Went into device manager, formated the ssd and i can see it and open it and write into it , etc.

My Problem is that i want to migrate my windows 10 from the 1tb hard (the factory one) to my new SSD 960 EVO

I installed the driver for the 960 Evo after that i installed the Samsung Magician ( and here is where i saw it all was going to go wront)

After i installed Samsung Magician and opened it , i saw this  message " this drive is not supported " and bello on AHCI MODE : Deactivated  ( and showing only my 1tb hard drive )

Trim status : enabled

Interface SATA 6.0 GB/s

why can t i see my ssd in samsung magician?

Second of all i installed my data migration tool from samsung site, still it doesn t see my SSD ...

Please help me with a guide to install and run windows 10 from my SSD 

Note: i have a bootable windows 10 stick and i alwready try to install windows on the partition of the ssd , but when instalation was finished i got a blue screen that sayd "missing files  can t load windows"

After that i deleted partitions and installed windows 10 to the hard drive and it worked..

I read ALL and i mean ALL tutorials on this , but from all topics i understand that 

1. Can t change in BIOS settings to AHCI mode

2. Samsung Magician wont see the SSD as is not connected directly to the motherboard

3. AHCI mode is factoryset to some HP models as it is consumer bla bla bla..

BUT THERE MUST BE A WAY to have windows on an m.2 ssd 960 EVO samsung , NO?

i bought it for nothing?

PLease help!

Spent 12 hours of my life to figure this out!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lucian_007EuL 

What is your dc0xxx ? My Omen dc0071tx has

• 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
  • 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

Please try newer 970 EVO series. The one on my machine is  Samsung MZVLW256HEHP-000H1 which is not the top

https://novabench.com/parts/ssd/samsung-mzvlb256hahq-000h1

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have Laptop Gaming OMEN by HP 15-dc0018nq

I just bought the SSD Evo 960

I managed to clone my harddrive to the SSD with windows on it

Now i want to boot windwos from the SSD but bios won t let me to boot from SSD

How do i select boot from ssd?

Kr

Lucian

HP Recommended

Update

Managed to migrate windows 10 from 1tb HDD 7200Rpm to the M.2 NVMe SSD Samsung 960 Evo using MiniTool Partition Wizard application

After you migrate you need to open MiniTool Partition Wizard and delete the 1tb HDD 7200Rpm from disk drives and them restart.

After that windows will run from the SSD !

After 2 days of reading topics i 've managed to do it myself

Have a good day!

Kr

Lucian

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.