Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
13-aw0080ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got this laptop for my son and he recently complained about screen coating problem. It appears that the case around trackpad scratched it due to design flaw over time. Based on this forum post I hoped it would be covered.

I contacted support 1 day before warranty expired, sent pictures and agent told me it would be covered. Got the box and shipped it to repair center in Canada.

I just got an automated email for repair center that it's accidental damage not covered and would cost $350.28 (includes taxes). I'm now very frustrated as there is no way for me to call, talk to anyone to dispute this. Warranty is now expired but process was started before warranty expired. I have no options. Laptop is in repair center. Email has two links to either accept charge and repair or send it back.

What can I do???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This was the longest, most ridiculous support case. I've been asked for same information 3 times. Every time I say:

"Process started under warranty. It's a design flaw and should be covered."

I get a response "not under warranty and accidental".

NikoKvc738_0-1635543654516.png

Thanks, but no thanks. My son will live with this defect as I can't afford to shell out $300+ bucks right now. He takes care of his things and this is one expensive defect. I'm sure having to live with it will make it very easy for him not to buy or recommend HP products in the future. I have other kids getting into high-school age to worry about buying equipment for school. I'll be switching to Dell. Thanks.

Finally ending this charade:

NikoKvc738_0-1635543922421.png

At least these folks were lucky:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/my-HP-Spectre-x360-2019-scratc...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-appears-scratched/td-p/7741670

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@NikoKvc738

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I want to thank you for taking the time to speak to us today. Your business means a lot to us. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that 
here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for this!!! I cannot express in words how grateful I am. I got this one for my son based on my previous x360 purchase experience (13-4120ca is still my daily driver and in like-new condition). I'll be on the lookout for a PM and hold off on reject the repair email for now. I did not want to share any personal information here. Thank you so so much!!! Kind regards.

HP Recommended

@NikoKvc738

Thank you for posting back. 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I've had someone PM me and look in with service centre. They continue to claim that the damage was accidental. I'm very disappointed with this outcome and will request the unit back without repair. It's very unfortunate that others with same issue had their screen replaced (according to other forum posts for this model) and that I couldn't because I started warranty process with one day remaining on the warranty. The agent we send pictures to when we started the process said it would be covered so I'm flabergasted right now. This will definitely impact my future purchase decisions.

Thank you again for trying to help. I do appreciate it.

Kind regards.

HP Recommended

This was the longest, most ridiculous support case. I've been asked for same information 3 times. Every time I say:

"Process started under warranty. It's a design flaw and should be covered."

I get a response "not under warranty and accidental".

NikoKvc738_0-1635543654516.png

Thanks, but no thanks. My son will live with this defect as I can't afford to shell out $300+ bucks right now. He takes care of his things and this is one expensive defect. I'm sure having to live with it will make it very easy for him not to buy or recommend HP products in the future. I have other kids getting into high-school age to worry about buying equipment for school. I'll be switching to Dell. Thanks.

Finally ending this charade:

NikoKvc738_0-1635543922421.png

At least these folks were lucky:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/my-HP-Spectre-x360-2019-scratc...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-appears-scratched/td-p/7741670

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.