Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Ryan1901 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen cracked on its own

Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
I was useing my laptop and then we left to go get food and we just got back and there is now a huge crack on my screen and i am wondering if the warranty will cover it.
3 REPLIES
Dean
Dean
11043 574 1598
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does the warranty cover "accidental damage" ?  Sometimes called "all-perils" damage?

Got any pets in your home?  Unruly co-inhabitants?

Did you purchase on a "premium" credit-card, because sometimes those cards add "accidental damage" coverage?

0 Kudos
Ryan1901 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It wasn't accidental, it literally just cracked on its own nobody was home.
0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
11043 574 1598
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> nobody was home

Time-traveller jumped in, damaged it, and jumped out?   :-)

Lost episode of Rod Serling's "The Twilight Zone" ?  :-)

Access http://support.hp.com  and enter your model-number, and click the "check warranty" link by entering the serial-number.  If it still is under warranty, look at the bottom of this web-page, and click the 'Contact Us' link to contact HP, and to file an incident to see if HP will accept your claim, and will repair it.

Otherwise, i.e., no warranty, look on eBay for an identical screen for your model, and take the new screen and your computer to a qualified computer techician for disassembly, replacement of the screen, re-assembly, and testing.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation