01-07-2010 06:29 AM
Thanks to a very nice customer service rep, I learned this morning that my HP Pavilion dv9700 has a bad motherboard which HP will not cover. This laptop replaced my first laptop, also an HP, that had a bad motherboard. Since HP can't get their motherboards right, I won't be buying another one. The worst part is that my daughter had her final paper for an advanced placement history class on this computer. She was working on it when it died. Hopefully my computer repair shop can get the file off the hard drive. I'm sure HP will delete this post, but I wanted to post anyway. If you plan on buying an HP laptop, plan on replacing it yearly.
07-27-2010 07:56 PM
hp knows it is having a problem with it''s motherboard and two others are about to start a class action lawsuit just like the one dell has for 11 million dollars..with my research i am finding so many others where hp will not assist them and the motherboards they are using are not normal boards you can't find them anywhere. they must come from china.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot