Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion15 n010Tx
Other

Hi,

I am using HP pavillion15 n010tx. I put it in sleep for more than a day then system gets off. Now I am powering on then my power button, cpu light is on and capslock button is blinking and display has no light.

As per service center my bios chip and processor is gone. Alternativate is to replace motherboard as per them for that their estimation is ₹15000. 

I am unknow of these type of problems please suggest. 

Cant we replace only bios chip from motherboard?

Or how can i know the motherboard company for arranging that from outside?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@ambiguous

Since HP Notebooks use customized BIOS, you need to get the Motherboard replaced and get the BIOS updated at HP Service Center

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok but kindly suggest me that of which company or model should I buy if I am changing motherboard by myself?

HP Recommended

@ambiguous

As per HP Part Store, the HP Pavilion 15-n010tx Notebook uses the following Motherboard Model - DSC 8670M 2G HM76 i3-3217U STD which is a customized HP Motherboard.

Link: https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=8D072AFFB7A64C97A6F13F15FBB6D8EB&SearchIn=P...

You can get similar Motherboards on 3rd Part Websites like Amazon or eBay.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

So if hp uses customized bios. And as I get to know from service center that it is a bios problem. Cant we replace only bios chip instead of complete motherboard ?

HP Recommended

@ambiguous

The exact issue can only be drilled down if the Notebook is at the Service Center. If there is no need to replace the motherboard, then it wont be replaced.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes I went to service center and they said it is a bios problem and they suggested to change motherboard.

So I am confused that if bios is the problem then why cant only bios will be replaced instead of complete motherboard ?

And Is new motherboard contains new bios or they will use the old bios and reprogram it ?

HP Recommended

@ambiguous

I understand your concerns

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.