Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0006nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have a HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0006nt and it has only 256 gb ssd , here you can see the model .

I was wondering if ı should buy a 500 gb ssd to replace my current ssd or maybe adding a 1 tb hdd I dont know if adding a hdd while still maintaining my ssd would work is there a slot for a hdd?.I mean there is no cd player so maybe that slot is spared for hdd? My plan was to run my system on the ssd to be faster but also have the 1 tb stroge for other stuff is it possible?

avadsvasdva.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

it would be cheaper and easier to replace your current M.2 SSD with one of a larger capacity because you would have to buy the additional parts to add a 2.5" drive.

That would presume that you could even find the parts to buy.

See chapter 3 of the service manual for the additional parts required to add a 2.5" drive...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06529816

(5) Hard drive connector cable -  HP part # L72698-001
(6) Hard drive bracket - not available as spare part

HP Recommended

So ,

Another hdd cable by hp won't work? Because L series cant be found anywhere. I have a another hp pavilion gaming hdd cable will it work?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, that I wouldn't know.

All I know is the parts you need to simply add a hard drive aren't there.

You'll have to take it apart and figure out what you might be able to do to get a 2.5" hard drive to work.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for aswering. I  really appreciate it 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.