1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Slow to wake computer, keyboard doesn't wake computer

HP Elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I'm having an issue waking up my computer. On average it takes around 45 to 60 seconds for my computer to turn back on after sleep mode. I have just installed Windows 10 on a new SSD. I've also upgraded all my drivers via HP Support Assistant. 

So for here are the things I've tried and have not worked.

To try to fix the slow wake issue:

1. Install the NEWEST version of the Intel 620 UHD driver via manually through the HP Site & through HP Support Assistant.
  2. Install the OLDEST version of the Intel 620 UHD driver via manually through the HP Site & through HP Support Assistant.
    Install the Intel 620 UHD driver via Intel site.
  3. Turn off & turn on Fast Startup under windows power button settings.
  4. Uninstall 620 UHD Intel Graphics Driver,  use the default driver. This cuts my wake time to about 20-25 seconds, still slow but bearable. However, when using this generic driver,  brightness can't be adjusted via the hotkeys, plus it would be nice to have a working Intel/HP graphic driver.

To try to fix the non responsive keyboard;

1. Device Manager -> Keyboards -> My Keyboard -> Power Management -> Check allow this device to wake computer

If there are any bio options, power options, or correct drivers that remove these issue I would greatly appreciate the help.

Computer: HP Elitebook 840 G5

GPU: Intel 620 UHD
Graphics Drivers: Intel(r) UHD Graphics 620, ver. 26.20.100.7263
Bios: HP Firmware Pack (Q78), 01.09.01 Rev.A
Windows Version: Windows 10, version 1909

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation