cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 3
24 16 3 7
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Spectre 13.3 x360 -13-AP0033dx and HP Zbook Dock - problems since Windows 10 1909

HP Recommended
Spectre X360 13.3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this Laptop for a year or two now.   I've been using it with an HP Zbook Dock Thunderbolt 3 dock the entire time.  I have it hooked up to an External DP monitor, External USB drive, Ethernet and mouse/keyboard.

A month or two ago, I updated the OS on the laptop to Windows 10 64-bit 1909 release.  At this time there were a bunch of drivers that were updated on the laptop, including Thunderbolt drivers.  Prior to updating to Windows 10 1909 and updating drivers/thunderbolt firmware on the laptop everything was working fine.  

Now when I boot up the laptop, it doesn't recognize any thunderbolt devices until I log in using the laptop built-in keyboard/mouse.  Anyone else experience this?

I have all the latest drivers/firmware on the laptop.  I have all the latest drivers for the Zbook Dock.  Looks like the last driver update for the dock were in 5/2019.

Any suggestions?

I don't know if it's possible to rollback thunderbolt drivers on the notebook, because I think there may be firmware that goes along with it.  The current Thunderbolt 3 Drivers on the laptop are 17.4.78.21 which are actually part of SP100927.exe (17.4.78.500 Rev B).

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation