Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 13.3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this Laptop for a year or two now.   I've been using it with an HP Zbook Dock Thunderbolt 3 dock the entire time.  I have it hooked up to an External DP monitor, External USB drive, Ethernet and mouse/keyboard.

A month or two ago, I updated the OS on the laptop to Windows 10 64-bit 1909 release.  At this time there were a bunch of drivers that were updated on the laptop, including Thunderbolt drivers.  Prior to updating to Windows 10 1909 and updating drivers/thunderbolt firmware on the laptop everything was working fine.  

Now when I boot up the laptop, it doesn't recognize any thunderbolt devices until I log in using the laptop built-in keyboard/mouse.  Anyone else experience this?

I have all the latest drivers/firmware on the laptop.  I have all the latest drivers for the Zbook Dock.  Looks like the last driver update for the dock were in 5/2019.

Any suggestions?

I don't know if it's possible to rollback thunderbolt drivers on the notebook, because I think there may be firmware that goes along with it.  The current Thunderbolt 3 Drivers on the laptop are 17.4.78.21 which are actually part of SP100927.exe (17.4.78.500 Rev B).

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.