Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre 13 x360 ae008nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I have a recently purchased (summer 2018) Spectre 13 x360 ae008nc. Few months ago rubber foot strip from front of the notebook peeled away. Recently the rear one let go too. I visited local HP certified service center. They told me that rubber stripes are not part of warranty and that I can buy new bottom plate for around 50euro.
now that the second foot is gone, notebook is slipping on hard surfaces and this might lead to some more significant damage due to fall. A I want to prevent it, I would like to know how should I face this issue. I find this as a hardware malfunction.

With regards

Tomas Gaspar

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Tomas_Gaspar

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the rubber feet.

Don't worry, I'm here to help! I have brought this to the attention of the concerned and they'll reach out to your through the Private Message.

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've had the same issue.  Bought a spectre x360 13-ae050ca and both rubber strips at the bottom are peeling off.  Disappointing that these stips are so poorly adhered considering the rest of the build quality.  How to I go about getting these replaced?  I could not find any replacement parts in a parts search?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I don't understand the problem with laptop rubber feet cushions. It' s not just Hp but with other manufacturer's laptops, too. I also I have the newest HP Spectre x360 13.3 inch model # 13-ae013dx and after about six months the long rubber cushions started to separate from the base. It appeared as though the heat from my fingers had softened the double sided tape between the base and the neoprene cuhions. Seriously, I buy a $2000 laptop and Hp can't make rubber feet that don't fall off. I also bought two of the prior Spectre x360 laptops the previous year for my son and daughter. Those models have the small round feet. Those laptop feet also fell off. I tried to have the feet replaced under the extended Best Buy warranty, but they said "Sorry, that's just a cosmetic problem." Here I thought the feet were there to allow good airflow and reduce shock. Little did I know the feet were there soley to improve the looks of the base.  I  had a similar problem with my old Sony laptop, a Z-Series, which was their elite line of high-priced laptops before they left the portable computer business. Those feet lasted about three years before they sequentially fell off, one by one, within a month. The best laptop that had no cushion problems was the Acer Aspire S7-391 where they had feet that were actiually screwed on to the base. The Aspire was just as thin as the Hp x360 (actually thinner) and they still had room to screw in the feet so they didn't fall off. I read one of the forum notes where it was stated that the only way to replace the feet was to purchase an entire new metal base for the laptop. I am amazed that someone thought that was a good idea. Does anyone have a good fix for this problem??? Apparently, Hp does not have a viable correction for this repetitive design flaw.

HP Recommended

Same problem here on a Spectre x360 13-ae0xx.

I can't understand how in a few months of usage the rubber feet started to detach from the base.

I bought this portable over other choices becasue apparently it had some premium quality look. Well, it seems that it was just the look. Now,  I have a beautiful loose loop of rubbrer hanging from the base every time I grab my computer.

I don't know whether to completely remove it, or try to re-attach it to the base using the proper adhesive. Any suggestion?

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue -- the non-slip cover of one of the four feet at the bottom of my laptop has peeled off (with no warning), and now that corner of the computer slides around on the desk a bit. My computer is 3 years old, so no longer under warranty. Can I get a replacement slip cover? Glue the one that came off back on? What's the solution here?

HP Recommended

Same thing happened to my HP Spectre, the rubber strips started falling off. My solution was taking the rubber strips, removing any remaining glue from the strips and computer casing, cleaning area with alcohol, and re-gluing the strips to the computer using "3M Plastic Emblem & Trim Adhesive", available at most auto part stores. It is a high-tack contact adhesive used for sticking rubber insulation & plastic parts to metal. Simply put some glue on a piece of wax paper and then use a q-tip to apply the glue to the back of the strips, then press into place. Clean up any excess glue with a clean q-tip & alcohol.

HP Recommended

Hello! Does the glue you used allow the strips to be removed to access the screws beneath the strips? That's my question. If the rubber strip is glued too well, then how will one access the screws and be able to open the machine if necessary? Thank you.

This is really a ridiculous problem that HP has created. Very poor design.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.  Anyone get replacement rubber strips?

HP Recommended

Hi @mikechine

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the replacement rubber feet. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.