billyjk Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre 360 15" 2017 - Opening Lid With One Hand?

Spectre X360 15" 2017
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just got the Spectre X360 15" - awesome computer.  I've owned many laptops over the years, but I've never been puzzled over exactly the best way to open a laptop!

I've been lifting the front edge up off the table and using two hands to open it by jamming my thumbnails into the front notch and separating the lid from the bottom.  There's got to be an easier way!

How do you open yours?

Can you do it with one hand?

2 REPLIES
billyjk Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No ideas??

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12863 854 1497
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @billyjk

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know the best way of opening the laptops.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

I believe you are opening the laptop the right way. The notch on the front of all the laptops is provided to assist the users in opening the lid with ease.

I recommend you to open the lid the way which is convenient for you and there is no right way of opening the laptop lid.

Check out the below video on how to open the lid with one hand.

http://bit.ly/2oYDpbO

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation