Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre 360 laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I have just purchased a HP 27 inches quantum dot monitor to use as external monitor for my laptop and connected it through usb c. I was expecting that laptop would charge from that connection but it doesn’t. So I have to use the other usb c port available to charge the laptop. Is there a way to charge laptop through the same usb c port used to connect to monitor?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Meas 

You did not supply the model/product of your machine but I think it may use 65W charger. The specs of the monitor is

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-27-quantum-dot-27-inch-display

The specs says it has "1 USB Type-C™ (Alternative mode DisplayPort™ 1.4); 2 USB 3.0 (downstream, power delivery up to 2.2 W)".

Now you can see where the problem is. You need 65W,  its USB-C does not support PD and 2.2W is not enough.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.