Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Motherboards for that model series tend to run high. Because there were issues as you know. The motherboards in the market are either original stock or refurbished/repaired. The best way to do it is just to have your motherboard repaired. The problem is just a couple chips on the motherboard whch a high-tech skilled shop can replace. There are several shops that work from eBay who can do the repair. $100-150. Some will take the whole laptop in for repair and others want you to ship the motherboard. If you want me to find a couple options for you I will. I have no stake in this by the way I have just used this method for quite a few friends, etc. who cannot afford a new laptop or even a new motherboard. 

HP Recommended

Sure - if you can send over some trustworthy repair options you can recommend that would be great.  I would be fine with just shipping the motherboard to someone for repair - has to be safe than trying to ship the entire laptop just to replace a couple chips on the board.  I see a lot of people offering repair service on eBay but hard to vet them myself.  Thanks again and have a good Thanksgiving holiday.

HP Recommended

You ship the whole laptop to these guys:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-SPECTRE-X360-13-4000-13-4103DX-Laptop-Motherboard-Flat-Rate-Repair-Servi...

Happy Holidays and good luck to you. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info - and they are located only about 3 hours from me here in Central FL.

HP Recommended

Contact them before bidding on the auction

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.