Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (390 Views)

Spectre X360 i7 extremely hot

Product Name: Spectre X360 Convertable
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2003

My Spectre X360 is becoming extremely warm in the bottom upper left. It is to warm to have on my lap and I am worried about the computer becoming too hot. The laptop was bought only a month ago and I have yet to use it for any extensive purpose. Is this just a problem with this model or just mine? And is there anyway to fix this or will I have to buy an external fan?

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (344 Views)

Re: Spectre X360 i7 extremely hot

Hi @Cari28,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More What is your precise model of Spectre x360?  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I grasp that you recently purchased the Spectre x360 and you noticed that it becomes extremely warm in the upper left of the base and you are concerned that it may be overheating.  Have you done all the Windows update? Have you run the HP Support Assistant? Have you tested for hardware failures? What was the original operating system on the notebook? 

Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution”  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the “Thumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation