cancel
leozuo Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x 360 extremely warped, seems to be battery bulging out of control and extremely Hot.

HP spectre 360.
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This $1500 laptop has had trouble ever since I got it. After a month of use, the left side audio just died on me, so i had to send it back to HP for repair and it seemed to be the battery overheat and destroyed the audio connection. It got fixed however and I was happy but I always paid attention to how hot the laptop was (even bought a laptop stand with a fan). Two years down the line, I realized that my laptop is becoming bigger and warped (leaves a gap when lid is closed). My track-pad is completely bulged out and does not click anymore. My keyboard is also warped and some of the back-light LED does not work in the center (flickers). Granted my 1 year manufacturer warranty has  expired since I purchased this laptop 2 years ago, a high end $1,500 should not have this sort of problems right? The scary part is I am very scared this laptop might blow up, it gets extremely hot even when all I have opened is chrome/youtube. A lot other users seems to have also experienced this problem, it seems to do have something to do with the battery defect. Please help, I do not want a $1,500 investment to only last two years.

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
21884 21703 1857 6913
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x 360 extremely warped, seems to be battery bulging out of control and extremely Hot.

@leozuo 

In general, the swelling won't cause the computer to explode or catch fire, though you certainly must have this attended right away to prevent further damage and the complete loss of the system.

At the very least, seriously consider:

Do not use the computer in this condition - the situation is not going to get better on its own and will only get worse.

"Fat" Battery / Swollen Battery - HP Document

HP EliteBook/ProBook/Zbook Workstations - Notebook PCs - Swelling or Deformation of Notebook Battery

Discussion

After two years, you are correct:  The system is no longer under the original warranty.  If you did not purchase a Care Pack (additional, purchased warranty contract), then the system hardware is no longer covered.

If you feel that the two year old system warrants attention from HP, please do submit a request for help to HP Technical Support.  Explain what has happened and ask for help.  There is nothing lost by asking and you may get what you want.

HP Technical Support - HP Contact Information

Reminders

• Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).

• Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.  In the event that Chat is not available in your region:  Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)

• HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty.  This is normal business practice.

• HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty.  This is normal business practice.  Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.

• If the HP Contact (phone) number is not immediately provided:  Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.  

• HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo.  Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.

“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support

HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

Option:  Contact HP Technical Support - Regions

USA / Canada

Submit information / case online: Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal

1. Sign in or continue as a guest

UK

1. For faster support, submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
  2. Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist

Option - HP Support is on Facebook!

HP on Facebook

From HP:  HP Fraud Alert: Protect Yourself from Scams, Report Suspicious Calls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation