Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13-4005dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I was away from my laptop for 2 months then returned to it and when I decided to plug it in for recharging I noticed that there was no charging light?

The battery kept draining even though the charger was connected?

I then bought a new battery but the same problem existed?

I bought a new charger and still it didn't indicate that it was charging and the new battery kept draining in power?

I took the back cover off again and inspected the motherboard and found a burnt section that corresponded with a lot of other photos of a burnt motherboard on their Spectre x360 laptops.

Is it repairable or do I have to purchase another motherboard which is out of the question due to money constraints and I'd have the same problem even if I could afford another board but alas, I can't!

IS IT REPAIRABLE??? Which would be the best option for me.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Yes the board can be repaired at the chip level if the burning damage does not go too deep into the board. There are shops with high end equipment who can do the work. I have steered a few people to a few different shops. Not sure where to send you from the Phillipines but if you can invest say the equivalent of $150 US or slightly less there is a good chance. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. Any chance of giving me the part/parts required for the repair so I'm able to search for them before taking the laptop in for repairs?

They have technicians here that are good but they don't stock many parts for laptop motherboards.

The capacitor or diode (little square object) is the second one from the left hand side of the board looking north of the battery (towards the screen).

The burnt section looks quite shallow and not too deep.

Once I have a part number or similar I'll be able to order from an electronic parts supplier.

Thank you again

HP Recommended

HP does not make individual motherboard chips available for purchase nor does it publish schematics of their motherboards to discourage piracy and part of the high end tech these shops can do is to find the right capacitors when replacement is needed. Any shop able to do the chip level work on one of these boards also should be able to identify any needed capacitor or such. Sorry I cannot be more specific but it may be necessary for you to ship the board outside the Phillipines to get this done. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.