Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 13 -ae000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could do me a favour.

I have an 13 inch model - HP Spectre 13 -ae000

I recently was getting a BIOS error saying my fan was not working properly. I believe i successfully replaced it with a new part, as I am not getting an error anymore, but when I stress test my PC to get the fans running, the fan I replaced runs at a high RPM (4000ish) , while the other fan runs at (100ish) RPMs.

I've attatched an image that may help.

I was wondering if this is normal behaviour, or if my other fan is broken as well?

And If anyone can replicate my test as well that would be appreciated...I googled online stress test, and used the program "SpeedFan 4.52"

Thanks.

Annotation 2020-01-14 233105.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DanPalmierii 

>>>> I stress test my PC to get the fans running, the fan I replaced runs at a high RPM (4000ish) , while the other fan runs at (100ish) RPMs.

Each fan works for its area and depending on its area cool or hot its sensor will tell it to spin more or less RPM and that is normal

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DanPalmierii 

>>>> I stress test my PC to get the fans running, the fan I replaced runs at a high RPM (4000ish) , while the other fan runs at (100ish) RPMs.

Each fan works for its area and depending on its area cool or hot its sensor will tell it to spin more or less RPM and that is normal

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.