Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

At least 2 times ( although i think is 3) HP have fixed the same problem on My HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac0XX. I noticed my keyboard was getting fatter around the x,d and c keys and also 90b error fan not working. Contacted support and they fix it and told me it was caused by a swollen battery. Now my warranty is finished and thinking is it pointless to try and replace the battery and fan myself if its going to be broke again in the next few months. Does anybody have any similar experience. It's really annoying because i like the laptop and without these constant issues my next laptop would be the exact same model. I use it for work and was a killer losing it when getting repaired, had to get replacement for that time. If it goes dead because of the swollen battery growing (which it is) I will have to go and get a new laptop that day, so am i just better of at his stage on giving up on the x360. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thanks for your replys, I understand batteries can indeed die and faults can happen and so on. My issue is this is the third battery in the laptop and its happened again, your answer is to put another battery in a hope for the best. If it happened once before, fair enough i would just go and repair it, but it happen atleast 3 times, that's not normal. I posted here to see have others had the same experience , as i said before in the original post i understand its possible to fix but only from hearing other users experience can i say is that worth fixing. Your post gives the impression your one and only aim is to have this topic marked as solved as soon as possible limiting its viewing from forum users.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.