Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Spectre x360 13-aw0xxx had overheat as well as fan turns on while at sleep. HP Support Agent "The_Fossette" suggested reset Windows at his past post (on the same issue). It would require reinstalling all other 3rd party and legacy applications, then setting them up would cost more than couple of hours. My old Spector x360 -ac0XX didn't require me such hustle (and still it runs great). New Spectre looks great however my initial impression wasn't too good as the last one. I was hoping HP would issue patch fixing the overheat issue without requiring the user to reset entire Windows.

Also aw0xxx takes twenty seconds+ to boot login window whereas old ac0XX is almost immediate enables me to work on.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@zoom14st

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is overheating.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of your computer?

I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the delay. I've been using old Spector x360 -ac0XX because I couldn't take a chance wiping out legacy setup. 

As per your suggestion, I've downloaded and updated BIOS and graphic drivers on new 13-aw0xxx, successfully updated them without any impact on the current setting. Thanks. I sincerely hoping this will resolve the overheat issue -- hoping this was unique case not all Spector affected; or HP should issue patch for such simple procedure.

HP Recommended

As per your suggestion, reinstalled BIOS and graphic drivers. No, it's not too good. It still keeps overheat even at sleep. When browse web contents then make it sleep this unit keeps background running then the fan kicks in. There is no way it can be carried in bag at sleep mode.

Checked it with TASK MANAGER. There was no other background application running; just the web browser alone makes overheat. 

HP Recommended

@zoom14st

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.