Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

HI@Colee81,desiato,JackFabian.

Please update the BIOS that should fix the issue 

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) F.28 Rev.A

HP Recommended

That's a great idea BShack. I haven't tried that and have been using a hdmi adapter to achieve this. I have a hp support technician at my house now replacing the battery on top of my recently replaced logic board.

The issue has been escalated to the next level in the Australian office. It was interesting to see the difference in chipset that was mentioned above.

The online team was trying to convince me that the devices aren't compatible but I was not going to accept this as an answer as they used to work fine.

HP Recommended

I found this posting after finding my Mantis Saturn pro had also stopped charging my laptop. It has been a while since I used the  egpu but like the others mentioned it was working previously just fine. I checked my Bios Version and it is listed as BIOS Version/Date AMI F.28, 3/4/2021. So it looks like the version recommended above might not be the silver bullet. Is there anything else that has been discovered or has anyone else had luck with this.

HP Recommended

No, BIOS version F.28 does not solve this problem, and my previous post on this forum pointing that out has actually been deleted (!!!). Wow. Way to go HP.

HP Recommended

So, sorry Catofclysm, to actually answer your question: there is no fix for this issue, and HP pretends it does not exist.

HP Recommended

I see that an F.29 BIOS has been released two days ago. I am certainly not going to apply it right away, and the release notes are unhelpful ("microcode updates and security fixes"). But, I'm wondering if this will fix this issue or somehow make it worse.

HP Recommended

Ill take one for the team and give it a go

HP Recommended

Looking forward to hearing about your results.

I went ahead and purchased an 11th-gen Spectre 13 in the meanwhile, and this machine does not experience the issue.

HP Recommended

I had no luck with the upgraded version of the bios. Enjoy your new hardware.

HP Recommended

☹️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.