FrankMThompson
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Spectre x360 13t-aw200 external monitor flashes when laptop get hot

HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13t-aw200 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use my spectre with the Thunderbolt 120w G2 dock. When I used it like this, when the laptop get hot, the external monitor flashes black for 1-3 seconds. At least this is my supposition since the fans are blaring. I've tried verifying with HWInfo64, but its hard to see the temps when you have no screen.

I was told by support that this dock does not support this laptop, however, even today you can go and buy this laptop and it states this is an accessory for it.

Another issue, perhaps related, is that if I use any DP->HDMI cables on that dock, the flashing to black gets worse and happens more often.

What I've tried since I have 3 of these Docks, multiple cables, and I I use an HP EliteBook 1030 g4 for work:

I have tried at least 10 cables. Issue persists only on the spectre, not the elitebook.
I have  tried all 3 docks I have access to and the issue only presents on the spectre, not the elitebook

This is very frustrating because at least 75% of the time this laptop is meant to be used on the dock. 

Any help would be appreciated. I got this laptop in December, but i was moving offices so only started using the laptop with the dock regularly this week. I am so fed up I want to return my whole purchase (which included 2 of these laptops and a dock)

3 REPLIES 3
praveenbv
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,780 2,779 101 135
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI@FrankMThompson, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The docking station referred is a commercial model & the unit is a consumer segment. The said combination is not tested by HP. So, the functionality is not guaranteed.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos
FrankMThompson
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is unacceptable due to the fact that when I bought the laptop and even to this day it is shown as a accessory for this laptop.

Explain to me how you can advertise something as an accessory to a laptop, then after purchase say that it's not compatible?

0 Kudos
praveenbv
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,780 2,779 101 135
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI@FrankMThompson

The For Spectre x360 13t-aw200 compatible dock  Model number 2SR85AA model name HP Spectre USB-C Travel Dock. The product is not listed as compatible below picture 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation